Dr. Inge Kroidl, MD, MPH, DTM&H
Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine
University Hospital, LMU Munich
Ph: +49-89-2180 17637
Inge Kroidl, born 27th May 1963, Medical Doctor , specialist for internal medicine, tropical medicine and infectious diseases. Since 2007 working for the LMU as a clinical researcher for HIV, Tuberculosis, helminth infection studies. Involved in
EMINI: (Evaluating the impact of new interventions), Mbeya Tanzania, 2007-11
RV 217: (ECHO): Early HIV infection study, Mbeya Tanzania, 2008, ongoing
ADAT: Acute detection of acute tuberculosis, 2009-2012
SOLF: Surveillance of lymphatic filariasis in South Tanzania 2009-20011
AFRICOS: African cohort study, 2500 HIV infected individuals, 2013, ongoing
TAKeOFF: Filarial lymphedema management 2016, ongoing
RHINO: Increased risk for HIV infection through nematode infections, 2018
Overview of research activities by the partner institution.
The Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine of the University Hospital Munich (LMU) has a long term expertise in designing and conducting studies together with African partner sites. These studies involve epidemiological studies, basic research and clinical trials mainly focusing of HIV, tuberculosis or different neglected tropical diseases. The partner sites are in West and East African countries like The Gambia, Cote Ivoire, Togo, Ghana, Cameroon, Mozambique and Tanzania.
- Kroidl I, Saathof E, Maganga L, Clowes P, Maboko L, Hoerauf A, Makunde WH, Haule A, Mviombo P, Pitter B, Mgeni N, Mabuye J, Kowuor D, Mwingira U, Malecela MN, Loscher T, Hoelscher M. Prevalence of Lymphatic Filariasis and Treatment Effectiveness of Albendazole/ Ivermectin in Individuals with HIV Co-infection in Southwest-Tanzania. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2016: 10(4): e0004618.
- Kroidl I, Saathoff E, Maganga L, Makunde WH, Hoerauf A, Geldmacher C, Clowes P, Maboko L, Hoelscher M. Effect of Wuchereria bancrofti infection on HIV incidence in southwest Tanzania: a prospective cohort study. Lancet 2016: 388(10054): 1912-1920.
- Manz KM, Clowes P, Kroidl I, Kowuor DO, Geldmacher C, Ntinginya NE, Maboko L, Hoelscher M, Saathoff E. Trichuris trichiura infection and its relation to environmental factors in Mbeya region, Tanzania: A cross-sectional, population-based study. PLOS ONE 2017: 12(4): e0175137.
- Robb ML, Eller LA, Kibuuka H, Rono K, Maganga L, Nitayaphan S, Kroon E, Sawe FK, Sinei S, Sriplienchan S, Jagodzinski LL, Malia J, Manak M, de Souza MS, Tovanabutra S, Sanders-Buell E, Rolland M, Dorsey-Spitz J, Eller MA, Milazzo M, Li Q, Lewandowski A, Wu H, Swann E, O’Connell RJ, Peel S, Dawson P, Kim JH, Michael NL, Team RVS. Prospective Study of Acute HIV-1 Infection in Adults in East Africa and Thailand. N Engl J Med 2016: 374(22): 2120-2130.
- Schule SA, Clowes P, Kroidl I, Kowuor DO, Nsojo A, Mangu C, Riess H, Geldmacher C, Laubender RP, Mhina S, Maboko L, Loscher T, Hoelscher M, Saathoff E. Ascaris lumbricoides infection and its relation to environmental factors in the Mbeya region of Tanzania, a cross-sectional, population-based study. PLoS One 2014: 9(3): e92032.
Anja Feichtner, Human Medicine student
Will be working on her doctoral thesis on TAKeOFF- FIRE